Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back from the NW...and a profile

My wife and I were able to spend the first part of this month back in the Pacific NW--friends, family, familiar food and landscapes...


...and my new 'favorite hiking panorama' is this, stitched together from 8 photos, taken above Lake Colchuck during a hike in the central Cascades, about 2h45 out of Seattle, and not far from Leavenworth:

A perfect summer day: the peak in the middle is Dragontail Peak, with Aasgard Pass to its left...the jade color of the lake is caused by the presence in the water of 'rock flour'--glacially ground...

I also played with my iPhone a lot; to see some of those images, click here.

And, while up in Seattle, I was informed (and flattered) that I am being 'highlighted' with a little profile article on the website of the travel magazine AFAR...

No comments:

Post a Comment